Monday, December 22, 2008

30th week update



Babycenter.com 30 week update:
How your baby's growing:
Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)

***

Good morning to ya,
Last night I was up from midnight until 4am - then slept until 7:45am - and now I've been up since then. had hot chocolate and bagels with cream cheese and reading about c-section in the book "What to expect when you're expecting" I must say it the only thing I've read about c-section that makes me feel at ease. Thank you Amy for this book. You gave it to me last January when i came out to meet your second child Iris and I wasn't even thinking I could get pregnant although we were trying! This book has been the only one I really read each month.

Started to get more focused on the fact that this baby is going to want to come out soon. Does it have to??? Everything is just fine the way it is right now! I can deal with the sleep deprivation right now but add a baby crying? It might take me over the edge. Although I have a feeling it will be totally different then when I hear other people's babies cry. But still hard when i'm exhausted I assume. Don't get me wrong - we can't wait to meet the little guy - but I've never been a romantic about life - always a pessimist. Good thing jerry is an optimist. Otherwise every time it started to rain I'd be convinced it was end times and be hiding under the bed. He at least keeps me grounded in the fact that it's just raining there are no frogs falling from the sky.

Anyhow - my point is - that it's never the way either of us thinks its going to be. Nor should it be. Then WE would be GOD and all you people would be praying to US.

I read last night about what I should bring to the hospital with me. And I asked Jerry to get the duffle bag out of the garage so I can pack it now and put it by the front door. Jerry's dad has an employee that had her first child 7 weeks early - so I'm gathering up my favorite things for the hospital because the little dude hasn't really sent me a memo about when he's planning on coming out. I would love to have my ugg boots, soft socks, cozy robe, sweats, ipod and speakers with earplugs, camera ( ok I'd love to have my pinhole camera set up on a tripod during the delivery. It could take a long exposure of the entire thing. But I don't know if I will be in a place to set that thing up - might as well bring it along right? ) what else? oh god I actually hate being without my trader joes lip goo. It's so good. I have to use it daily because it's been too dry here for me. I guess I won't be needing my extra strength huge bottle of tropical fruit rolaids in the hospital! I clutch on to them where ever I go,. even if it's just from the living room to the bedroom they are with me. My dear life saving friends. I may have to write a poem or an ode to the rolaids after all this is said and done. what else...extra pillows, and a blanket that is softer then butter, and pretty girl is going to be in my side pocket. Or laying on my chest while I deliver. She lays on me now and purrs on the baby - so I bet she feels half responsible. But - if she wants to be a third parents - she's buying the diapers.

Not sure whatelse I want to bring besides the list they already gave to me - ie: overnight stuff, clothes blah blah. the usual overnight stuff. Jerry is going to pack a bag too so he can sleep there the first night with me.
His boss is giving him 6 weeks paternity leave. Can you believe it? It's written here so I have proof in case he changes his mind. jerry is pretty important at his job so it's hard for the boss to give him a day off - case in point - it's holiday vacation today and where is jerry????
yep.

oh - I'm off to go sit in the baby room and stare at the left over crap that is still waiting for me to sort, clean, toss and remove it. My parents are up here Friday and I'm asking the reformed interior designer turned marriage and family counselor to take a look at the bedding we picked out with the paint samples I have so we can pick the paint color(s) and get it painted next weekend. Jerry thinks the job will be easy. But wouldn't it be even easier if we had help painting it??
I think so.

I'm tired of feeling a bit of the blues from being inside for 7 months and not really seeing other humans much so I've decided to get out more - but then it rains and I stay inside another day......ahhh the vicious cycle.

Little Bagel and I will be in the baby room listening to Jill Scott and trying to see the floor again.

No comments: