Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Nap Tiiiiiiiiiiiime

Max has been transitioning from 2 naps a day to one nap a day - this has been going on for about a year. Everyone told us that as soon as they start to walk they tend to give up one nap. Well? Max started walking around 12 months old.....now Max is 2 and seems pretty tired around 10:30 and then again around 2pm. But lately - we've seen consistency in Max just taking one nap from about 11am until about 1 or 1:30 - sometimes until 2pm.  Everyone told me to nap when he naps. I rarely do because it's my chance to eat, catch up on e-mails, veg out, watch tv, talk on the phone with friends, read ( read facebook that is ! ), and pretend to clean ( haha! ). But - since Max sleeps in our bed I lay  with him and read him a book and then we snuggle as he falls to sleep. I've decided this past week to stay and nap with him and ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh the joys of NAPPING! I've been taking photos just as he falls asleep. Here is one of the two of us from yesterday. Oh the snuggling! So precious. He loves to put his hand on my face or tug on my ear when he is falling asleep. I love how affectionate he is. I don't want nap time to ever end! But I hear at some point these moments will all just be memories and my little guy will be a big guy and demand more play time and not nap again! Until then - I think I'm going to nap with him more, take more photos of the two of us snuggling and try to stay in the moment and not worry so much about checking my e-mails or chatting with my friends on facebook...I cannot believe that he is TWO and I hear that our babies just grow up so fast you barely have time to notice and then it's over and they are asking for the car keys. oh god!
On that note -
it's nap tiiiiiiiiiiiiime!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

C - it's been far too long, for which I am sorry. I think this picture of you and Max should get blown up to about 3x3 feet, and then put somewhere you can see it daily. It is truly beautiful.

Glad to see you are settling in and so happy in your new home. Lots of love to you all, Mariellen xo