Thursday, July 28, 2011

I cannot be stopped!

My newest series is beginning to take shape. a few posts ago I shared a few nap photos I took with my iPhone and I just loved capturing that time with Max so much that I decided to make it into a series. So whenever I take him to bed for his nap I wait until he is asleep and then try to get a photo of the two of us. So they are self portraits - and documentation of our naps together. I think this series is important because at some point nap time will end. I want to print these out and make them into a book for my son. And for ME to remember the tenderness, the snuggling, the sweetness of this time with Max. I'd also LOVE to print this and have a show in a gallery. Still considering which gallery might be best for this type of thing....any ideas?? It can be here in Salt Lake City or anywhere in the world. I'm open!



















3 comments:

Amy Meszaros said...

L.O.V.E.!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I have seen some, if not all, of these before, but there is something so powerful about seeing them all together! Makes me want to cry! Love, love, love!!!! The book sounds amazing. I would want one too! Maybe a book idea or a show idea or a project idea is to get all your amazingly talented friends to take a self portrait of themselves with their child in that moment of connection - be it naps, or snuggle time, or bath time, or book time..... That could be a coffee table book of love!! Yummy!!!!! XOXOXXX

Eli said...

God bless you and your family! The picture of you next to Max sleeping just made my day! That picture just says agape to me.

All the best to you and your family.

Love and blessings,

Eli

Liv @ Choosing Beauty said...

Catherine, these photos are so amazing and you'll cherish them always! I love that you're capturing naptime...and the way he touches you, even with those tiny toes, shows just how much he loves his mama. So precious!