Monday, September 29, 2008

18 weeks pregnant and 154 days to go!



Head to rump, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and he weighs almost 7 ounces. He's busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, and his ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from his head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.

***

Guess what - I've been feeling the baby moving almost every day now. Each time I feel it I try to get Jerry to run over and put his hand on my belly to see if he can feel it too. But every time - the baby stops moving! What a trickster!
But - On Jerry's birthday - he got the pleasure of feeling the baby move! YAY! What a neat birthday present from his baby!
I almost cried because I was so wanting him to experience it too.
YAY FOR JERRY! the 38 year old poppa.

Tomorrow is the ultrasound. We go in at 9am. Lets all cross our fingers that the baby is feeling outgoing and wants to face the right way and have his or her legs open so we can tell if it's a boy or girl!
If not - It wasn't meant to be - ! But it sure would be fun to find out don'tcha think????

On my other blog I have a poll where you can vote if you think it's a girl or a boy or twins.
More people are voting that it's a GIRL then the other two options.
So we'll see if they are right or not!

i'm going to start making a quilt next week. And I'm going to start prenatal yoga tomorrow.
And Jerry and I went swimming yesterday and I LOVED IT SO MUCH!
And I'm still cooking and baking away and enjoying that very much.
The latest recipe was blueberry muffins. No sugar no wheat. pretty good.
I'm also signed up to start a knitting class on Wednesday where I am going to learn how to make a baby kimono sweater.
Um, can you saw CUTE!?

guess I'm feeling more and more energy to have this full of a schedule. I'm also looking into taking hebrew classes at a nearby temple and Jerry and I are going to try to get to Friday night services at that Temple some week in the near future. Maybe this week. Depends on his schedule. We were going to go to Rosh Hashanah services tonight but it actually costs $75.00 per person to go! Who the heck decided to charge money for high holy days services - that is a crime. We can't pay that. So we aren't.
Bummed me out. Where do the Jews go who don't have that kind of extra cash???

Seriously.

anyhow - I'm off to go eat some clementines, and sit in the airconditioning before I head to my Monday night meeting.

xoxox
*c

No comments: