Wednesday, October 1, 2008

ultrasound notes



while I am sitting in the dining room watching my favorite morning tv show
"the View" And listening to them argue about Sarah Palin I figure I would post the photo jerry took while we went to our ultrasound appointment yesterday.

here it is. Cute yes?

I really liked this doctor. We hadn't met him before but I liked him the instant he walked in the door. He told us that we are having a boy and showed us a few times the "evidence". Jerry said later that he say the "parts" and knew it before the doctor said anything. It was really crazy to see the baby again and see how much bigger HE is and to know that HE is a HE!
I felt it the moment I peed on the pregnancy stick and so when he said it was a boy I just thought " OF COURSE IT IS! "
I think if he said that it was a girl I would have felt confused and had to go through a bit of transition. I feel like I've been bonding with a boy for the past 4 months. Now Jerry gets to go through more bonding too now that he knows for sure what it is. I picked up some books at the library yesterday and made sure I got a baby name book so that we can start really looking at boys names.

I also took my first prenatal yoga class. It was good, hard, relaxing, painful, and long!
I did enjoy meeting a few of the girls in class and we all have pregnancy in common so we have things to talk about.
But I was up from 2am until about 5:30am this morning because I just didn't feel so great in the tummy.

Oh - I can feel him moving around in my belly RIGHT NOW!!!

I love that feeling.

One of my relatives suggested that I not talk about baby names with others so that I don't get bombarded with other people's opinions. We've already had a few opinions come at us when we shared some ideas for boy names so Jerry and I have decided not to tell anyone until the baby comes out - we meet him - and know which name is right for him. We plan to have a few favorites and then see what fits.

Today I'm going to get my hair cut for the first time in almost a YEAR!
A little pampering sounds really good!

I'm looking forward to sharing the news that we are having a BOY with the ladies at the salon!

We told all of our relatives yesterday and it was REALLY FUN to hear back from people.
My uncle Bix wrote back his baby name suggestion:

his e-mail said:

Bix Bix Bix Bix Bix Bix Bix Bix Bix Bix Bix Bix Bix Bix Bix Bix
Bix Bix Bix Bix Bix Bix Bix Bix Bix Bix Bix Bix Bix Bix Bix Bix
Bix Bix Bix Bix!

That cracked us up!

No comments: