Monday, October 13, 2008

week 20 _ HALF WAY THERE - And it's our 1 yr. anniversary!!




Hey look at that! A year ago today we were celebrating our wedding at la Costa. Today we are half way to birthing our baby!
CRAZY!

It's the 20th week.
this is what babycenter.com says about the baby this week:
Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, he's measured from head to toe.)
He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion.
**

I'm feeling him move daily now. This morning I think he started gymnastics classes. I've never felt him this intense before and for so long. It was GREAT. I hope he keeps working on his tumbling routines in there. I love feeling him move around.

We had another routine visit to the doctor on Saturday. We heard the heart beat again. 142 beats per second.
Nothing really else to report except that....... I GAINED 10 POUNDS IN ONE MONTH!
Um - Yea. TEN.
They told me that it is normal to have a growth spurt like that NEXT Month. But I did it early. Or I should say - the little fella did it early. The doc. says there is nothing to worry about unless I was gaining 10 pounds EVERY month. Can you imagine?

**

Today we took our portrait out front like we did last year before heading to La Costa for the wedding. It's going to be an annual photo session. This year we have an Obama/ Biden sign in our lawn. It will be a nice way to be able to tell what year it was when the photo was taken. Next year we will have a little fella on our lap!

We just started looking at wall paint colors for the baby room. I have a hard time picking. But it isn't going to be anything too crazy. Something light. Going to go crazy with WALL DECALS!!!!

ok - I'm off to see if the top of our wedding cake has defrosted yet.....

xoxoxox

*c

No comments: