Saturday, June 6, 2009

Max turns 4 months old

Max turned 4 months old on June 4th. Today he got dressed up in a suit to help celebrate Aunt MaryJo and Uncle Dave's 50th wedding anniversary down at the Knott's Berry Farm Hotel.
before we went in we found a Starbucks so we could sit and feed him. Jerry did the feeding and I was able to get one of the cutest moments ever. And these moments happen ALL THE TIME these days but I rarely can catch them on camera.



Are you melting yet?

How about this photo??



um.......is that the cutest little outfit on the cutest little guy ever??

Dear Max,

You are 4 months old and you are the sweetest thing ever. You love to gaze into my eyes for a long time. I just love it when you do that. You love holding onto our fingers when you are feeding, and you also love holding the rattle, your wubba nub, your washcloth, and anything else close to you. Dad loves making you "fly" and you look at him like " what are you doing!? "
Your head strength is amazing - getting stronger by the day and you love being held and rocked to sleep.
Every night now we have a ritual with you of papa doing the last feeding of the night, then I bathe you and you seem to really enjoy the warm water and the little rubber ducky, then we wrap you up in your miracle blanket and I rock you in the rocking chair and play soft lullabies ( from the music Auntie Amy sent to you), your dad and I read to you and then you are rocked to sleep. You sleep with us in the bed in your own little co-sleeper in the middle. You are a sound sleeper unless you are trying to turn over and you make a little sound and I turn you and you go back to sleep. I love putting my hand over your heart when you sleep. Last night I put you on my chest and you slept more quietly then you do in the co-sleeper. I LOVE holding you and letting you sleep on me. You love to smile and laugh and when you wake up we are both there softly talking to you and you look at us and then crack the largest smile I have ever seen. You love it when we sing to you and you laugh and laugh. Maybe it's because we are so off tune and making up the lyrics as we go?? Sorry about that! It's so fun to sing and watch you fall asleep in my arms. I like to sing "you are my sunshine", "the itsy bitsy Spider", and "go to sleep", and songs that are totally made up. You smile and laugh out loud in your sleep. I've been taking you to the Rose bowl every morning to take a walk with me. I feed you and then we head out. You fall asleep in the stroller and I watch you as I listen to the birds and look at the trees. It's a great daily activity that I hope we continue to do together. your Papa joins us on the weekends and that's fun too.
We've been going to Club 21 playgroup on Friday mornings regularly and you are getting more and more alert and watching the other kids and mom's there. The 3 year olds Grace and Isa just love you and want to hold your hand and help feed you. I've started to pass you around and let the other mom's hold you. They love watching you change and grow each week. I consider them family and look forward to having your grow up with their kids. I could go on and on about how much your papa and I love you. You are so beautiful, sparkly, bright and sunny, happy loving, and perfect. I hope you feel how much love we have for you.

I'm a proud mama

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a complete puddle of melt.
Complete. Puddle. Melt.
OMG

Nicki D. said...

Oh, Catherine! You're such a nice mom! I loved your letter to 4mo old Max and the photo of him and his dad having a giggle together! I CAN'T HANDLE IT.

Can't wait to give him a squeeze in person real real soon!

xon

Temple Chai said...

Such beautiful words....

Jill said...

ADORABLE!!! Love your post...so heartfelt and sincere. awww...we are proud mamas, arent we?

Bpaul said...

Love the picture with the Papa especially. It's been 4 months... damn that's crazy.

lovelove

Bp

MC said...

so frickin' cute and hilarious in that suit! :)

i'm so happy to hear how happy you are. motherhood definitely suits you.

happy 4 months to max!

Catherine Just said...

thanks for stopping by everyone. I hope someday that Max gets to meet all of you.