Thursday, November 26, 2009
happy thanksgiving....the list
waking up with husband and Max.
Ok here is the list - I posted it on my art blog as well so if you've already stopped by there - no need to be here right now! Carry on.
1. waking up every morning next to my son Max and my husband Jerry.
2. seeing Max smile before he even opens his eyes in the morning - just by singing "good morning to you" to the tune of the "happy birthday" song.
3. hearing Max breathing
4. When I stretch our my arms and hands toward Max he is leaning into them and holds onto me to be picked up. I love that he gets that cue.
5. Max's laughter
6. When Max wraps his fingers around my finger
7. When Max is upset and I pick him up and he immediately calms down and wraps himself around me in a hug.
8. Down Syndrome Association of Los Angeles
9. Club 21
10. My new tribe at Club 21 and the comfort I feel when I am around them. I was meant to know them. I am so lucky.
11. Pink Martini
12. The way Jerry makes me laugh.
13. How silly Jerry and I allow ourselves to be with each other.
14. Experiencing Jerry's love no matter what I feel about myself.
15. The Monday Morning AA meeting. Love those ladies.
16. My new friends from Mondo Beyondo and staying in touch through e-mail, twitter, facebook and the artists way class.
17. Mom's Club newbees group. helping me transition into mamahood.
18. Mondo Beyondo Dreams and the amazing support of Andrea Scher and Jen Lemen to help these dreams gather their wings.
19. The Game on Diet and Krista Vernoff even though I had a love hate relationship with it - I did lose more weight and gain some new habits.
20. Jenny Craig - for helping me get my pre-pregnancy body back and get out of that post pregnancy depression from being so much bigger all of a sudden it seemed.
21. Miguel Ruiz
22. finding old Toltec friends on Facebook and having a new opportunity to connect with them in a different way and from a different place.
23. My new Garden, and my new friend Amanda for helping me figure out what to do and how to get started.
24. Whomever my instructor was in college who taught me how to carve into linoleum block and create hand pulled prints.
25. Mrs. Burke - My high school art teacher. For showing me that I had talent during a time in my life that I didn't know I had anything of value whatsoever. She saved my life.
26. Aline Smithson - for encouraging me to keep on going.
27. the 4x5 pinhole camera that Jerry gave me for my birthday. The first gift he ever gave me. It was life changing
28. Doug Beasley inspiration for a lifetime
30. Francesca Woodman
31. Portland, Oregon
32. Jasmine Pearl Tea - honey cup
33. Joe at Dynamic Therapies for the physical therapy he does with Max every Monday morning.
35. Pretty Girl my 16 year old cat that I got when she was 5 weeks old when I lived in Minneapolis.
36. Minneapolis, MN.
37. Minneapolis College of Art and Design
38. 22 years of sobriety. It's much better over here. MUCH better.
39. Valerie Landsburg
40. Max's health ( although he is a bit sick today ) but in general, that he has a good heart.
42. Braggs Liquid Aminos my daily habit on my salads with a touch of flax oil
43. Grassroots in South Pasadena. I love those folks and the food!
51. Kirsten and Andrew - thank goodness you changed your wedding date.
52. The game on diet support team. Patsy, Amy, Cathy, Juli, Mom, Kari, and all the others who played with us. Thank you.
53. My new hairdresser - Kim. I can now relax and know you will always make me look so good!
54. Paper Source
56. our cozy, beautiful, little home.
57. our backyard
58. having a driveway
59. having a dishwasher
60. our washing machine and dryer.
61. Kate Spade lotion that is now discontinued but I can find on ebay. Lovely scent. thank you Nicole for letting me wear it too.
62. that Jerry and I are both photographers and support each others vision, style, way of working.
63.Earth Mama Angel Baby lotion
65. having a great car with great gas mileage
67. bravo tv.
68. our bath tub, candles and bubble baths.
69. the light in the morning when I sit on the porch.
70. the surrealist painters.
71. Blogging and the bloggers that inspire me.
72. Chairs in all different sizes, shapes and styles
73. old spoons
75. the artists way
77. road trips with jerry
78. Being able to stay home to raise baby Max and not having to work, but wanting to do something creative from home.
79. lemon, in water, on salad, over fish, you name it.
80. speedball water soluble inks
81. Light Leaks magazine
83. the headset for my phone
84. the tree out front, and trees in general!
85. Walking around the rose bowl with Max in the stroller
86. f/1.8 50 lens, nikon
87. jealousy....because in a strange way it helps me to feel what it is that I want to do next in my life.
88. Superherodesigns for being so real and so talented.
89. Marriage and baby and home and laundry...simple and profound abundance
90. hearing and feeling a really good spiritual message that changes my life in an unexpected way from an unexpected person.
91. not smoking anymore and being free from that obsession and the pain around needing it.
92. the mellow quality of my life compared to when I drank caffeine, smoked cigarettes, or did a variety of other things to escape.
93. Waking up from a dream and still feeling like I am in it. I can feel it, see it and remember it vividly most mornings.
94. Gwen Stefani, Jill Scott, Moby, Eminem, Bon Jovi, Michael Jackson, Elton John, Pearl Jam, Love and Rockets, The Cult, Justin Timberlake, Kanye and the rest of the talent I listen to when I am taking a walk.
95. U2 Achtung baby.
97. Meeting new friends and connecting with them on a deep level. That's magic.
98. continuing to learn about love .... and practice love instead of fear. still practicing.....
99. the moment of "waking up".
100. oh the agony of the final item to add to this list! I'm going to cram a few things here: really good Mexican Food, A great nap with a nice breeze flowing, sunset, sunrise, good pillows, staying at really great pretty high end hotels, Printmaking( did I mention that already ), what I learn from others as I go along, staying connected with you from my Mac computer, my engagement and wedding rings, Pears, Tivo, starting over again and again, forgiveness, letting go, super soft blankets, kittens, vintage cameras, a great pair of boots like the ones I've had for 20 years, monoprint, wrapping paper, glitter, knowing someone so well that you don't have to even say it, the family bed, singing, finding out I was pregnant and then giving birth 8 months later to the most amazing being, being a mama, being an artist on my own terms and figuring that all out, the norton Simon Museum, Project Runway, Top Chef, baking, crafting, listening to birds chirp in the early morning. The first rain and that smell of rain on concrete, the smell of a BBQ, bacon, breakfast, watching Max see and experience something for the very first time, not having to answer to a boss, the train, Maui, Napili bay, The turtles in Hawaii, Papaya, Oprah, E!, Listening to the ocean.
Amazing how I wasn't so sure if I could come up with this many items - but there are MANY MANY MORE.
It's a great thanksgiving at our house and in my heart.
Happy thanksgiving to you.
P.S. Max's first Thanksgiving will be spent here at home as Max isn't feeling well and I don't want to expose him to our family who invited us over for a big meal. We are so happy Whole foods makes complete meals for thanksgiving! And I made pumpkin bread which we tasted tonight and is REALLY GOOD. I think even though it's hard to see Max not feel well, it's still going to be a great thanksgiving because we will all three be together.
and yes I plan to take photos and videos - so stay tuned!!