Friday, May 22, 2009

Shane's Inspiration and more cuteness

Today I gave Max a bath before we headed over to our Playgroup at Club 21.
I put him in the crib to dress him and I couldn't resist taking a few photos of him. He is delicious. Here is my favorite one:



Yesterday a few gals from Mom's Club went to Shane's Inspiration for a playdate.
This park is amazing and the story behind it is so incredible. Read a little bit about it below:


In 1997, Catherine Curry-Williams and Scott Williams lost their son, Shane Alexander, to Spinal Muscular Atrophy (Type I: Werdnig-Hoffman Disease) only a few weeks after his birth. Had Shane lived, he would have spent his life in a wheelchair. Because of a physical disability, Shane would have been denied one of the most fundamental rights of childhood: the right to play independently with friends and family at neighborhood and school playgrounds. This realization encouraged the Williams and family friend Tiffany Harris to turn a tragedy into a vision that resulted in Shane's Inspiration... a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of children with disabilities.

Learn more about it at this link:

Shane's Inspiration


Here are some photos from the day:

Lena and Margaret



Lisa with Juliet in the sling - can you see the little hand holding on to the sling??



Michelle with June - look at that smile - oh my god.



Bella and June with Jen



Bella and her rattle



And Max after a big feeding of 8 ounces of formula. That's what he's been eating for the past few days now at each feeding. SHEESH he's getting bigger by the moment. Sleeping a lot to catch his breathe after all the food.



Hope you enjoy all the love and joy that is surrounding you today. I know I am! I can't believe how blessed we are to have Max in our life. It's so easy to look at the negative - in general - in life - instead of looking at the positive and be grateful. All I have to do is look at Max and my heart bursts open and I know all is good in the world and in our nest.

Gotta go feed Max. He is stirring.
xoxo

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, thanks for the dose of cuteness!
I remember Shane's Inspiration, that IS a cool park.
That Mom's Club looks pretty cool too.

Unknown said...

I'm happy for you, and glad that you have this little guy to share your photographic beauty with as well.

So he may not be a client, but...
Subject matter, he will be.

Cheers!
Brian

Catherine Just said...

So true Brian. Thanks for stopping by.
And Claire - love that you are stopping by regularly! Love hearing from you.

Bpaul said...

8 oz. in a feeding? Wow!