Thursday, July 3, 2008

double checking



This photo was taken a few minutes after the first one. I had to double check. I really couldn't believe my eyes!

Today is Thursday July 3rd. And the little tomato is still hanging on!

This morning I woke up from a dream that Jerry and I were in hawaii on Maui, driving to the aquarium and talking about something - something about it becoming dark, trying to decide what to do.

I woke up and saw my beautiful husband there next to me - and told him about my dream. We agreed that we needed to get back to hawaii. We are thinking about going around our 1 year anniversary in october. I will be about 5 months pregnant. We will get to show our baby the place we call our second home. Napili Bay - where the sea turtles play.

I started to look up midwives and doulas today online and all the different types of births there are:

At home births
water births
natural births
births in the hospital
births with a doula
births with a midwife
birth with an OB/GYN
Birth with pain medication
Birth without medication
Birth as a Rite of Passage
Birth at a Birthing Center
Birth with C-Section

I started to read the book "Birthing from Within" that Amy gave me. And I'm listening to the music from the "birthing from within" website as I read. It is soothing, grounding, and comforting.

I've enjoyed what I am reading so far. It shifts me from feeling like there is so much out there to learn - to going more within myself and listening.

it's still hard to know who to tell and who not to, but tomorrow we are having the groomsmen from our wedding over with their significant others - and Jerry is going to tell them as we eat steak and guacamole and other 4th of july food and watch fireworks.

today I'm meeting Christina at the farmers market in south pasadena to pick up goodies for the bbq, and it might be hard for me to keep my mouth shut! But I don't want to ruin it for Jerry.

Pregnancy symptoms today?
No morning sickness (YAY! )
breasts are SORE!
a dark line has appeared from my belly button down.
lots of light cramps, heaviness, pressure, fluttering.

Weigh in at 117.6 which isn't the correct direction....so I started my day with 2 more pieces of ezeikel bread with almond butter and earth balance, 3 eggs, and a grapefruit. I'm going to start eating rice, and going to look into gluten free breads and pastas.....baby needs it!

Love you little tomato!

No comments: