Wednesday, July 23, 2008

proper weight gain.....



There is a calculator on babycenter.com that helps you figure out how much weight you should gain based on the weight and height you are. once I put in my measurements this list came up. There's also a chat board there and a lot of pregnant gals are talking about their weight gain. It is so different for everyone. One gal gained 10 pounds the FIRST MONTH! One gal gained 100 pounds in her pregnancy. Since I started out without dairy and grains in my diet - I was destined to gain some weight right away when I added them in. Have I mentioned how good a sharp cheddar cheese, green olive and tomato quesadilla is? Ohhhh, the pleasure. Luckily they make sprouted grain and gluten free tortillas and bread so I digest it better.

Food aversions really are funny - it's a very quick response sometimes like salmon is still out although last night we made it from our pregnancy cookbook and I ate it even though I didn't want to. It ended up being pretty good, even though I felt nauseated while eating it. It was glazed with agave nectar ( sugar substitute), wheat free soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, and balsamic vinegar. We usually eat it plain so this was a fine treat.

This morning I am heading to whole foods to stock up on more prenatal vitamins, and get a few more items for the fridge. probably fruit and nuts and seeds so I can finally make the granola I read in that same pregnancy cookbook. ( I recommend it for anyone - pregnant or not - the food is really good. we've tried the stirfry, the pasta , and the salmon so far and we have been blown away. Luckily we had gluten free pasta on hand. I NEVER eat pasta so it was a treat. )

Yesterday I had an interview with Julia Dean to see if I could start teaching photography day trip through their huge workshop center. I had to break it to them that I am newly pregnant and cannot commit to anything yet. They have me in the books for spring 2010. Something to look forward to. It was a dream come true to be interviewed by them, and I feel lucky to have had the opportunity. I want to start teaching NOW!!!!! But then, I'm exhausted, nauseated, and forgetful. I don't think I'd make much of a teacher right now.

Wow I'm chatty today - food and photography usually get me going.

Did I mention all the visitors we are having in the next few months?

Jerry's mom is coming out the day after Jerry's birthday and will be in San Diego for a week. We will get to see her on Jerry's days off - ie: weekend.

Brandon and KT are heading down from Portland sometime in September or October.
The house will be flipped upside down with remodeling - should be interesting.

Excited to see them.

ok - I need to go get dressed for my outing to whole foods now. The little kidney bean needs some eggs.

No comments: