Monday, July 21, 2008

Week 8 - hang on little kidney bean!



Today the baby is about the size of a kidney bean.
Webbed fingers and toes are poking out from the baby's hands and feet. His eyelids almost cover the eyes now, breathing tubes extend from his throat to the branches of his developing lungs, and his "tail " is just about gone. In his brain, nerve cells are branching out to connect with one another, forming primitive neural pathways.

Last night was a pretty bad night - not feeling well and couldn't sleep.
This morning Jerry and I took the baby for a walk at the rose bowl. it's so pretty there walking under the shadows and light of the trees that line the path.

Today is a work day for me, but I can already tell that I am going to have to take things slow. I'm exhausted, and still a bit nauseated.

I don't really love eating all the dairy and grains. I'm going to tone it all down a notch. Tonight we are going to make a wheat free/gluten free pasta with kalamata olives,sundried tomatoes, pine nuts, spinach and parmesan cheese. From that pregnancy cookbook.

We tried to make stir fry without the wok yesterday. It was ok. Not my favorite.

Pretty Girl still hasn't authorized the pregnancy yet. She's been sleeping so close to me that her little nose blows air on my face at night. her purring is so loud that it makes me smile. I think she knows when i'm not feeling well. She usually will lay right on top of me and stick her nose in my ear and purr. It certainly distracts me.

This Friday we meet with the doctor again.
Luckily my schedule is getting busy so I'm not just sitting here counting the minutes.

The baby blanket is coming along - I do about 4-5 rows per day. Sometimes more.
I think it will be done within the first trimester.

Then i'll be off doing pre-natal yoga and getting my arms back in shape with some light lifting. Not real into getting out of shape. I don't think it's a good idea for me or for the baby.

Still considering becoming a fitness trainer / nutritionist. But that would mean more school and we all know what that means.....$$

I sure do like dreaming about all the different ways I can work and be a mom.
ie: photographer
printmaker
teacher
art therapist
fitness trainer/ nutritionist
baby clothes designer
artist
etc
etc
etc

No comments: