Monday, July 14, 2008

Week 7



Holy cow!
Look at our little baby in there!

How the baby is growing:
The big news this week: Hands and feet are emerging from developing arms and legs - although they look more like paddles at this point. Technically the baby is still considered an embryo and still has that tail which is an extension of the tailbone. The tail will disappear within a few weeks ( phew ) but that is the only thing getting smaller. The baby has doubled in size since last week and now measures half an inch long. About the size of a blueberry.

Eyelid folds are partially covering the eyes now, which already have some color, as well as the tip of the nose and tiny veins beneath parchment-thin skin. Both hemispheres of the baby's brain are growing, and the liver is churning out red blood cells until the bone marrow forms and takes over this role. There is an appendix and pancreas, which will eventually produce the hormone insulin to aid digestion. A loop in the baby's growing intestines is bulging into the umbilical cord, which now has distinct blood vessels to carry oxygen and nutrients to and from the baby's body.

Oh god, my baby is going to want to go shopping at the mall soon!

( I can hear my mom laughing at the above comment! )

hi mom!

( ok now my dad is chuckling )

hi dadio!

today's weigh in is 120.4
My neighbor yesterday told me she can tell I'm gaining weight.
I wanted to punch her. What kind of thing is that to say? To anyone - ever?
I can see it all over my body! It feels like 10 pounds not just 3 pounds!

New food aversion:
SPINACH.

Found out last night when I put 2 bags into the pot for dinner. Could barely handle holding the bags in my hands. I made it but didn't eat it.

Jerry made pork that was marinated in lemon, cumin, garlic and oregano ( my special marinade )it was DELICIOUS.

It's funny how one minute I can really be enjoying eating something - and then in a flash I am feeling nauseated and don't want to eat it ever again in my entire life.

Ok - hope you enjoyed this weeks update!

I'm off to go feed the kid, and head toward the beach.

Jerry woke up at 7am and continued working on the new shed he started yesterday!
I'm going to schedule a massage for him next weekend ( shhh don't tell ). He must be sore. We are getting ready to do a bunch of remodeling on the house. We are both really excited about it. Mom is coming over Friday to take a look, and hear our ideas and help us with the planning.

p.s. my life as I know it is over and I am not sure how to handle that.
I'm sure karma is going to get me for all the years I was a tyrant toward my parents
( see hand waving at parents right now with big sheepish grin on my face! )

Good thing I am also charming, talented, funny, smart, independent, tenacious, polite ( usually ), and have been sober longer then most people on the planet. I'm a non smoker ( ok an ex smoker ) don't drink caffeine, don't drink, don't do drugs, I don't steal, I don't lie (?) ok I guess I should stop before I'm ahead. I guess I'm trying to put in a good word for myself before the baby is born and starts teaching me lessons.

Oy... the lessons!

No comments: