Monday, November 17, 2008

25th week! HOLY COW!




Hello ! Good morning!

Here is the usual Monday rundown of what is going on with our babies development with the illustrations provided by Babycenter.com

Here is what the website says is going on this week:

How your baby's growing
Head to heels, your baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches. Her weight — a pound and a half — isn't much more than an average rutabaga, but she's beginning to exchange her long, lean look for some baby fat. As she does, her wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and she'll start to look more and more like a newborn. She's also growing more hair — and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture..

Note: Every baby develops a little differently — even in the womb. Our information is designed to give you a general idea of your baby's development.

How your life's changing
Your baby's not the only one with more hair — your locks may look more full and lustrous than ever. It's not that you're growing more hair, but thanks to hormonal changes, the hair that you'd normally shed is sticking around longer than usual. Enjoy the fullness while you can — the extra hair will fall out after you give birth.

You may also notice that you can't move around as gracefully as before. Unless your caregiver has advised you otherwise, it's fine to continue to exercise, but follow a few safety rules: Don't work out when you're feeling overly tired and stop if you feel any pain, dizziness, or shortness of breath. Don't lie flat on your back and avoid contact sports as well as any exercise where you're apt to lose your balance. Be sure to drink plenty of water, and make time for both warm-up and cool-down periods.

When you have your glucose-screening test at 24 to 28 weeks, a second tube of blood may be taken at the same time to check for anemia. If blood tests show that you have iron-deficiency anemia (the most common type of anemia), your caregiver will probably recommend that you take an iron supplement.

***

last night we drove down to Temecula to be a guest at our cousin Amanda Harbaugh's wedding. It was so neat for us to be guests and not have any responsibilities at all. I saw the 2 photographers there and thought - " I don't envy you at all! "
It was a nice feeling. I loved seeing Jerry's family - I really like the Harbaugh's a lot - and there are a LOT of them!
Of course scooting myself around was another story. I wore black pants that my mom bought me a little while ago that are already too tight at the belly! They are pregnancy pants - but still - my belly is larger now - so it was a bit tight at the waist!
The top I wore also had an elastic area under my breasts that was just a tad too snug. So I was feeling a bit pulled in all night.
I also felt like a huge whale.
But I guess that's how you feel at some point during the pregnancy!
One of my new relatives came up to me and said " well hello fatty! " I know she was kidding but........REALLY!?
I won't tell you who said that - as I don't want to get her in trouble or make a scene - but it wasn't a great day to hear that.
( is it ever a good day to hear someone say that to you????? )

I'm still feeling a little asthmatic, but sleeping MUCH better. And at 8am this morning - like clockwork - our little bean woke up and started his morning stretching routine. It's pretty amazing how on schedule it is. I've started to count the movements and take note of the time. I hear that is a way to make sure he is doing ok. If the movements slow down too much it may be time to call the dr. So far he's a superstar athlete in there.

We got a few presents for our tree last night - one being a little red tomato christmas tree ornament!!!!!!!!
And a menorah ornament for the tree too. I must say that Jerry's dad has always remembered that I am Jewish and made a point of buying me things that reflect who I am and what my religious background is. I do love that.

I think we are going to buy our very first christmas tree this weekend. And we are going to get a better menorah as well.
I'm sure it will be interesting to grow up with both religious traditions in the same house. I'm looking forward to it.
It's confusing - but it is also all about love - and Jerry and I have gobs of that to go around.

This week we are gathering more baby names. Some friends have offered more ideas which has helped. But we are still keeping them to ourselves until we meet the little guy and see what he looks like to us.
I do seem to be calling him by one particular name all the time - and I'm trying on different ones to see how they feel as well.

I'm still amazed that there is a little baby in there growing and becoming whatever it is he needs to. I am excited to see who this little guy is and I feel that he picked us so it will be a wild trip to learn what the lessons are that he needs to figure out and what it is he will be teaching us along the way.

I was once a gal who thought babies were cute but I didn't really want to get all that close to them - but now I am a full blown mama who has that glow in my eyes whenever I see a little baby in the room! I am obsessed!

Right now we are learning about all the alternative diaper choices out there so that we can figure out what will be better then using the ones that take 500 years to breakdown in the landfills. We learned yesterday that 50,000 diapers get thrown away a DAY. Some of them do breakdown in the soil, but most of the mainstream ones DON'T!!!!

Tomorrow we are taking a photo of the belly again ( our usual monthly photo on the 18th ) but this time we are taking a special one for our holiday card. I can't wait to compare the belly to all the other months of photos we have of it.
I think it looks the same as last month - but I'm always wrong!

ok - that is one LONG post today - I hope you enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to having this be something our son can read when he is older to learn what we were like before he was born and what our thoughts were on his arrival.

No comments: