Saturday, November 29, 2008

thanksgiving weekend obsessions



Hi there. I hope you are enjoying your thanksgiving weekend! We stayed home due to a bronchial / asthma / cold thing that just keeps hanging on. I'm finally starting to feel a bit better today - but staying in just to make sure.

We got food at Whole foods that was pre-made and watched the movie Love Guru with Mike Meyers. It was nice to just be quiet and go slow. My appetite has gotten better and better over the course of the week.

Yesterday Jerry continued to work on the fence out front. It's almost done and looks amazing! We will need to paint the house to keep up with how good the fence looks! ( ok - that's not happening any time soon - wishful thinking on my part! )

While he was working out front - I was glued to the computer for about 5 hours....working on the baby registry. Oh my goodness it is hard! Since I have no idea what the baby will need it's like picking foreign things that have no meaning to us yet and hoping that we picked correctly. Luckily for us, we have friends with kids who are going over it all and giving us feedback on what we've missed and what we can delete. Not sure when it will all be done but it's been a big learning experience that's for sure.

I've been obsessing on the cutest clothing I've ever seen. Above is a photo of baby leggings that will most likely be purchased in about 10 minutes by yours truly! I love the idea of baby leggings and have seen them on other babies and they just crack me up.

Here is the link to the gal who makes these leggings and took that photo:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=cat1_gallery_10&listing_id=17958425

Maybe you need to buy some for your baby too?

our baby was VERY active this morning at about 8am as usual. It is really cool to feel him moving around in there.

I may have to spend some time knitting that blanket I started in the first trimester that I haven't touched at all in months.
I'm almost done with it.

on that note - I'm going to finish this blog entry, take a candle lit bubble bath, and then knit knit knit while listening to Public Radio or baroque music and sipping tea. Now that is a perfect afternoon if you ask me.

Hope you have a nice relaxing Saturday yourself!

xox
*c

No comments: