Friday, November 21, 2008

second trimester food cravings









My food cravings have changes a LOT since first getting pregnant. I used to crave tortillas with cheddar cheese and sliced green olives almost daily. I also HATED anything that had a veggie in it. And ate LOTS of Mexican food - mainly enchiladas.

These days - I want brown cow plain yogurt - either by itself - or made into a smoothy with frozen fruit from trader joes.
Eggs with cheddar cheese and a side of fruit
cheeseburger without the bun ( but definitely with the pickles! )
watermelon!
rotisserie chicken with a salad or black beans or green beans ( veggies are back in thank god )
grapefruit juice once in a while
did I mention BACON? ( yes bacon - but I only eat it if we go out for breakfast it's not in the house otherwise I may eat the entire package )
And last night I had the priviledge of having a pumpkin spice cupcake with cream cheese frosting. Um - I almost died from happiness. Most of you know that I stay away from wheat and sugar. Well during pregnancy I have allowed a few wheat and sugar filled treats to be consumed by yours truly. Luckily I just feel stuft up and like a baseball bat hit me in the face - nothing major! SO yes - I should continue to avoid these treats - however - once in a while - like last night - I gave myself a treat - and this morning I'm paying for it. But dang - was it delightful!

Thought I'd write this out because I hardly remember what I was eating a few months ago and I think it will be interesting to see how it changes again in a few weeks or even TODAY!?

This morning the little bean woke up around 8:24am for his usual dance routine. LOVE THAT.
Good morning little bubalah!

Jerry is working on the fence again this morning and the cat and I sat on the porch and cheered him on. The fence looks great!

Now he is taking the trash out.

Um, he is dreamy!

I'm off to go make us both a fruit smoothy!

xoxox

No comments: