Monday, December 1, 2008

Week 27 update






the 27 week description from babycenter.com:

How your baby's growing:
This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.

***

Good morning.
Yes - I'm up again - bright and early. Yesterday i was up at 2am. This morning 4am. At least I got a few more hours of zzz's.
This morning I lit some candles and brewed some mother to be tea and wrapped myself up in blankets. I'm getting the hang of this. I'm now on Facebook and chatting with relatives in Chicago and San Francisco more regularly which I am enjoying. And Joanne and I are working on an online "project" which requires daily attention so it's fun to e-mail her when she is across the country in CT - Especially when I'm up this early!

This morning the little guy moved around more then I have ever felt before. It actually made me giggle.
What didn't make me giggle was reading about vaginal birth and c-section. Both choices make me feel nauseated, weak, dizzy, and well - completely freaked out... obviously! Now that I'm heading straight for the third trimester - these ideas are starting to become more real - That I will actually be doing one of these. People keep suggesting I read about them both and I've been avoiding it- too many opinions wrapped up in the writing.

I've loved the friends out there who just respect who I am and don't feel the need to share their birthing method as THE method for ME. Thank you! I must say I feel I have a good "picker" as far as Amy and Joanne go. I never feel cornered.
Just thinking about them makes me feel less flipped out. Hey ladies - want to come out and be here while I give birth?????
Joanne can crack jokes and Amy can throw star glitter everywhere....would that be a problem???

Ahhh dreaming.....

on another note - concerning dreaming - I've posted a really bad photo here of the blanket I've been knitting for the little one.
I was attracted to a turquoise blue and a sage green. I've been leaning towards those colors even before I got pregnant. I started to make the blanket before it was confirmed that there was a boy in there. I felt that these colors were good ones no matter what. The turquoise isn't really showing up as it looks here in person. It looks a bit flat in the photo.
But - these 2 colors will most likely be colors of the baby room.
i'm thinking of painting 3 walls the same color and the 4th wall a different color that compliments. So if 3 walls are sage green - maybe another green that is a little bit richer for that 4th wall and then wall decals in turquoise blue. Not many of them....but some. I've posted two of them here that I keep going back to. The swirly tree and the three birdies above the window.
I love the simplicity of it - and that it's not the usual nursery look. Plus we can move them - or remove them whenever we want to and it doesn't harm the wall. The idea of painting some design on the walls doesn't appeal to me.

I'm thinking of having a painting party - inviting a handful of friends so they can help ( since I'm not really allowed to paint in this state ) and ordering food to feed them for their efforts.

Other then that - I am feeling Much better - my cold is almost completely gone - I still have tightness in my throat and cough on occasion. But that is really all that is left. I feel antsy to get a bunch of things done out in the world - but cautious because that is how I ended up sick 2 weeks in a row - I started to feel better - and ran around town - and then wham-o, back in bed I go.

Speaking of Sick - I'm learning about vaccines now as well. What a nightmare....

Happy Monday!
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: