Monday, December 8, 2008

third trimester - ready set go!



from babycenter.com
How your baby's growing:
By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

it's 2:24am and I've been up for a few hours now. Went to sleep at 7:30pm totally wiped out. Now I'm completely wide awake.
Not much to share today. Just stunned that I'm in the third trimester now. I've not felt well in so long that I've missed out on taking pre-natal yoga classes - or taking frequent walks. I won't walk alone at this point - I'm too dizzy and will only go with Jerry until I feel better. I think I've gone on 4 walks total this entire pregnancy, swam twice, and took one yoga class.
The baby is doing a very serious dance routine right now - so at least I know he is working out even though I'm not.
My cat pretty girl is laying next to me on the couch - with an electric blanket over her and her paw covering up her eyes. She is the cutest and sweetest daughter EVER. yesterday we had her wrapped into the electric blanket and she looked a bit like she was in nirvana. I'm sure she will feel differently once the baby comes. I can't imagine how she is going to take it.

Jerry is still being the butler. I'm sure he is tired of it but you would never know it. He is so generous of his energy and time for me. Since I'm sick a lot these last weeks - he's been on cooking and cleaning duty. And last night he was up with me until about 3 or 4am while I was not feeling well. I'm tired of not feeling well, of being home all the time, and of not seeing other humans much. I also don't hear from many humans on the phone so that gets hard and feels isolated.
I have so much to be grateful for that it feels silly to get sad about anything really! But sometimes I do.

It's 3am and I'm still wide awake.
Glad I don't have anything scheduled for tomorrow except for my own personal list.
Glad I feel better then I did last night.
Glad I live here in this warm home with lots of comforts so that I can be in a nice environment while I get better.

2 comments:

Katye said...

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHA! Did you notice that the word "fat" is pointing to the baby in general? AHHAHAHAHAHAHA!

What genius included "fat" as something that needs to be noted on the picture of the baby in utero?! Awesome.

"Uh, Bob...I think we should update the 28 weeks baby picture to not include the word 'fat'. Whadda ya think?"

That or make the line shorter...sheesh, that at least is accurate.

ROFLMAO...Oh, 'fat'....priceless!

<--not sensitive about her weight atm. NAh...nah...

Catherine Just said...

oh my god that is HILARIOUS!!!!
I looked back at the photo illustration and FAT is pointing right at the baby! HAHAHAHAHAAA!
Not to create a complex in the baby before it even comes out.
That is stinkin brilliant.