Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Jerry learns how to diaper a baby


Hi gang,

last night we took another class at the hospital called " Newborn and Infant Care "

It went over what to expect when the baby is born - what he may look like ( purple ), what happens in the hospital so that it's not a surprise, and what to inform the doctor about when we get to the hospital.

We also learned how to diaper a baby, as you can see - Jerry is now a PRO! That was one of the cutest things I've ever seen in my life. Jerry diapering a baby doll.

Then we learned how to swaddle the baby

And how to give a newborn a sponge bath which sounds easy but all the little details really help to hear and see the instructor show us.

We learned what things to buy for at home care for the newborn that we might not already know about, and what questions to ask a pediatrician when we start to interview them to find the one we want to take our baby to, and to find one now.

It was a jam packed class of info. We both really enjoyed it. The instructor was warm and helpful and I really liked her. Much more then the other instructors we've had so far there. There are about 12 other couples in the class most of them having boy babies in Feb. Only 2 were having girls.

Our baby was moving all around during the class. I think the sound of the instructors voice was making him happy.
Last night after the class Pretty girl was sitting on my lap and I was rubbing her chin softly and slowly while singing her "you are my sunshine" and then making up new words to the same tune until it put her to sleep. Jerry was sitting next to me and said " you are going to be such a good mama ". I didn't really realize he was paying attention to what I was doing with my cat.
I don't know if you know this - - - but I love my cat. ADORE her. I can't imagine how much more I can love a being, but I hear that when you have a baby it's like nothing you've ever felt in your life. I loved that Jerry said that. It was so touching.
I think we all know that he is going to make a great papa. I tell him often, but all who know him can see it in him pretty easily.

No comments: