Monday, January 26, 2009

momversation and finslippy and the c-word



This momversation and following post was from another blog I read today called Finslippy.

please read this and watch the video. It was so amazing to see how different everyone thinks on the subject of circumcision.

My personal take it - you can do what you want but don't place your opinions on us or on our choices or on our family.

just because it's right for you doesn't make our decisions wrong.

***

The best part of the blog post was what she says at the end - here:

....."Maggie made a great point in the original footage; basically she said, why do we feel that in order for our opinion to be right, we have to make sure that everyone who feels differently is wrong? And I think that pretty much sums up the fights about co-sleeping and breastfeeding and circumcision and crying it out and pretty much every single topic in these tiresome, endless mommy wars. In the end, we each do what we think is best for our families. What place does anyone else have to pass judgment?"
- Alice Bradley Finslippy

YAY ALICE!!! Thank you for saying exactly what I am thinking!

I haven't even had our baby yet and have been amazed at how other moms and people without kids - try to make me wrong for not having the same beliefs they do.

It's crazy making.

xoxo

2 comments:

Katye said...

Amen sister. While I'm not personally into the cutting of any parts for pretty much any reason, I totally agree that we're all doing the best we can with what we have. There really isn't any reason to make someone elses decisions wrong just because you don't agree with them. I think they call that fundamentalism...as I come to think of it. We could all do with a bit less of THAT in every crevice of our world!

Catherine Just said...

I agree with the fact that it's Fundamentalism. And that just gets me going!